Project data & BIM
About BIM-based management of attributes, schedules, templates, favorites, hotlinks, projects in general, quality assurance, etc.

Schedules by Layer States?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Is there a way to make a schedule reflect a designated layer state (or combo or simply a layer)?
I want to have something like the wall schedule reflect only what is shown in certain layers (I.E. linked to layer states, so I can hide existing structures and only schedule the renovation/new materials) ???

I'd like to simply turn on a layer with my new walls, and see the total volumes... I.E. by showing my "Walls-New" Layer only, I can make a quick reference schedule to help my clients stay within their budget.

I'm hoping that AC12 can do this. It seems like a critical item to have in architecture software and something we architects would use constantly to help clients, especially in the current economy, eh?

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable
we've not really used the schedules in this way before so I'm not sure... but i think you set set a schedule to select and list walls on certain layers and on certain stories... (goes away and checks)
yes, just go to Document>schedules and lists>create new
and use walls, then click add and define the parameters by which it selects walls to list... have a play with settings till you get what you need
HTH
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
JP-Design wrote:

Is there a way to make a schedule reflect a designated layer state (or combo or simply a layer)?
I want to have something like the wall schedule reflect only what is shown in certain layers (I.E. linked to layer states, so I can hide existing structures and only schedule the renovation/new materials) ???

I'd like to simply turn on a layer with my new walls, and see the total volumes... I.E. by showing my "Walls-New" Layer only, I can make a quick reference schedule to help my clients stay within their budget.

I'm hoping that AC12 can do this. It seems like a critical item to have in architecture software and something we architects would use constantly to help clients, especially in the current economy, eh?

Thanks!

There is a Layer field in the Scheme Settings Dialog but it is explicit so you have to set which Layer you want or don't want your element to be on.
There is no Layer Combination criterion. And even if there was, that would be a specific Layer Combination, not the Layer Combination currently set in the Floor Plan Viewpoint or something.
So the short answer is that it is not possible.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Karl Ottenstein
To explain further...

Yes, you can create schedules that will include walls (or whatever) on particular layers ... but you will have to explicitly add every layer of interest to the Criteria by clicking the "+" sign at the right end of the criterion line and use the operator "is".

You can NOT (as discussed in some other threads) show all walls (e.g.) that are on all layers EXCEPT multiple layers because as you can see in the attached screenshot, when you click the "+", the logic operator is always "or". In the screenshot, asking for layers that are:

(NOT layer A) OR (NOT layer B) basically gives you all layers. We need to be able to say (NOT layer A) AND (NOT layer B).

If you only need to exclude a SINGLE layer, then there is no problem.

Cheers,
Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB