BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Kitchen Cabinets 11 Issue

Anonymous
Not applicable
I was working on some interior elevations when I noticed that my cabinetry knobs/handles were floating in space. I will attach a screenshot of a wall cabinet that shows this issue. I tried changing door styles and knobs but got the same results. It is actually worse with the base cabinets, the drawers and doors don't even line up, and I get floating knobs/handles on them as well.

The only time the 'wall cabinets' do not have floating knobs is when one turns off the edge bevel. As for the base cabinets... edge bevel on or off, there is still inconsistencies with drawer and door alignment (more noticeable when viewed sideways) and you get the floating knobs too.

side notes:
-AC 11 is up to date.
-checked AC 9 to compare (no issues found)
-I did a search, but the closest thing I found that relates to the issue I mentioned is: http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=23844&postdays=0&postorder=desc&highlight=v12+ge...

I hope GS can fine tune the Kitchen Cabinets 11 objects (the issue happens to all the objects that have doors and drawers.

Thanks for your time!

also - started a poll... more like a petition for GS to address this (so all options are in favor for getting this resolved )
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable
Also curious, can someone verify if this issue exist in ArchiCAD 12?

Thanks again.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I voted "Yes, please fix it" which seems to be winning at this stage.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for the vote s2art.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Additional things I ran into along the way...

- Cab Base 2D 11, inconsistencies with door styles and edge bevel. With 2 drawers it appears as it should, but when I choose 1 drawer... it gives me a simple edge for the top drawer (bottom doors appear as they should). And lets not forget about the floating handles when 'edge bevel' is turned on as well.

Images to follow to help illustrate.
2 drawers.jpg
Anonymous
Not applicable
Anonymous
Not applicable
Anonymous
Not applicable
Junior

It looks from your images (esp the last one) that the problem is the cupboard door thickness when edges are bevelled, rather than the handles floating.
Learn and get certified!