Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Associative Labels -Auto-Scale in Print Plotting?

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm plotting a drawing with a new style of office template, and I've run into a problem with my "associative" ( think; it's the "label wall" box in the actual element that I've checked) wall labels...

I've arranged the labels (which will be used for itemized materials lists and possibly other notes) at 45 degrees and set up in little tables... However when using different scales in my layout sheets for printing, only the ones at the original scale retain the label layout... everything else is scaled up or down and hence all moved all over and messed up on the layout itself. So I'm missing something... either lock the labels or the scale, right?

So what's the trick to arranging layout tables for, say, materials labels, and having it STAY the SAME at 1:75 as 1:100 and 1:150, or to have the labels not move all over the place and cover each other and such...
-????

Thanks!

p.s. I have the AC 12 book which is a great reference so far, but it's often too much and doesn't yet have a tips and tricks section... we definitely could use an "Idiots Guide to ArchiCAD", gurus...
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable
this might not be the best way to do it but short of having multiple copies of the labels, texts etc for each scale and because IIRC labels (as opposed to text objects) cannot be set to be scale sensitive, I would set everything for say the 1:100 and save all required views at that scale. You can then choose to place the 1:100 views on your layouts, go to the drawing settings and change the scale there... this will leave the labels and text alone but you may find that the text is too small to read at other scales and you may find that objects (like doors etc) that are set to display scale senitive do not have teh required amount of detail you may desire if your printed scale is say 1:20...
as i said this may not be the best way to do it...
HTH
Anonymous
Not applicable
Yeah that seems to be a good way to deal.
Thank you!

I have the scale at 1:100 right now, and once in the layout menu, there's an option to scale the actual DRAWING/LAYOUT without changing the the actual drawing SCALE itself. Kind of "resizing" the drawing only. This seems the best option, but of course, has to be thought out in advance as one works on a project, so one isn't making double or more sets of the same thing, and replicating a bunch of work unnecessarily...

Also, if one switches the scale of the drawing/model, all the associative wall/element labels on the plotted layouts get messed up. Best to stick with one scale for a project, and devise a method/template setting for building/project sizes and usual paper used for permits, etc...

Still looking?

Browse more topics

Back to forum

See latest solutions

Accepted solutions

Start a new discussion!