BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

IS Headline Settings

Laura Yanoviak
Advocate
When I originally set up this IS, I wanted the first three schedule fields to appear in the headlines -- I think I did this via Headline Settings... -- I have since eliminated schedule field three, and want to use the first two schedule fields as a headline. When I revisit Headline Settings... I am only given the option to use "The first schedule field", which does nothing. Once one merges more than one field into a headline, can that not be redefined? Am I going to have to recreate my IS?

IS Headline Settings.jpg
MacBook Pro Apple M2 Max, 96 GB of RAM
AC26 US (5002) on Mac OS Ventura 13.5
18 REPLIES 18
Anonymous
Not applicable
I've found only one solution - export the schedule and modify "Headline" node in the exported XML file. It is <Headline_Number value="1"/> by default, so just change 1 to the number of the last column, which you want to see in the headline.
Karl Ottenstein
Hi Laura,

Your signature just lists 10 and 11, so assume you have this issue in 11? I just tried 11 and 12 on Mac, and whether I delete fields or not after having set them in the Hdeadline, all works fine. The dropdown list gives all options...UNLESS I delete enough fields so that the schedule has fewer fields than the Headline was looking for. Then, I see what you are seeing.

The solution seems really easy and does not seem to require any XML, unless I'm missing what Leo is after.

Just add a bunch of fields to your schedule (with the intent of deleting them later - so no matter what fields). Now, your Headline Settings displays the correct thing. Change the selection to First Schedule Field, and then delete the bogus fields that you had added in Scheme Settings. Then, fix your headline.

Cheers,
Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Karl,

I miss the information from Laura's signature, so I reproduce the situation in ArchiCAD 12 Win. And I have only one option for a normal schedule with a lot of columns, as Laura has. So, I apply my lateral thinking, as usual .
Laura Yanoviak
Advocate
Karl wrote:
Hi Laura,

Your signature just lists 10 and 11, so assume you have this issue in 11?
Yes, AC11, I should have specified. It's also Teamworked.
Karl wrote:
I just tried 11 and 12 on Mac, and whether I delete fields or not after having set them in the Hdeadline, all works fine. The dropdown list gives all options...UNLESS I delete enough fields so that the schedule has fewer fields than the Headline was looking for. Then, I see what you are seeing.

The solution seems really easy and does not seem to require any XML, unless I'm missing what Leo is after.

Just add a bunch of fields to your schedule (with the intent of deleting them later - so no matter what fields). Now, your Headline Settings displays the correct thing. Change the selection to First Schedule Field, and then delete the bogus fields that you had added in Scheme Settings. Then, fix your headline.
I had 25 fields, and I deleted one. I tried your suggestion, but I'm still only offered the "First scheduled field" option. When I accept that option with an "OK" -- nothing happens.
Karl Ottenstein
Hmmm. Must be a Windows thing, since Leo sees the same behavior. His suggestion makes sense - save the scheme, edit it as he says in a text editor and re-import the scheme.

Karl
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Karl Ottenstein
Leo wrote:
So, I apply my lateral thinking, as usual .
Given your avatar, Leo, maybe we should call it 'diagonal thinking'!

K
Anonymous
Not applicable
Karl wrote:
Given your avatar, Leo, maybe we should call it 'diagonal thinking'!

K
Wow! Just up to the point . ArchiCAD has so many corners, which make us to draw so many diagonals! I guess the knowledge influences my avatar .
Laura Yanoviak
Advocate
Karl wrote:
Hmmm. Must be a Windows thing, since Leo sees the same behavior. His suggestion makes sense - save the scheme, edit it as he says in a text editor and re-import the scheme.
Well, I know nothing about XML, so I just recreated the IS. Smells like a bug to me...
Barry Kelly
Laura wrote:
Well, I know nothing about XML, so I just recreated the IS. Smells like a bug to me...
Laura,
Could you please show us an image of your new schedule so we can see how you want the headings and can compare to your first image?
Thanks.
Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Learn and get certified!