Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Sketch Up Add-On & V.12

Anonymous
Not applicable
Is the sketch up add on for version 12 really not available?
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable
Jesikuh123 wrote:
Is the sketch up add on for version 12 really not available?
It seems so ...
It was available briefly, but then pulled off the website. Hopefully, GS is fixing the problems and will put it back soon, but I'm not holding my breath.
Richard
--------------------------
Richard Morrison, Architect-Interior Designer
AC26 (since AC6.0), Win10
Anonymous
Not applicable
I see that the SketchUp to ArchiCAD 12 add on (or plug in or whatever it is now called) is now available. I tried downloading and installing it today but was unable to see my SketchUp model in ArchiCAD. Is it just File> Open or should I be looking in another menu? Any advice will be very much appreciated.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Nance wrote:
Is it just File> Open or should I be looking in another menu?
Just File > Open. The "SketchUp File (.skp)" option should be available in the "Files of Type" tab.

Adrian Tudoreanu
Anonymous
Not applicable
And one more thing:
PeterKis wrote:
- The current SketchUP add-on supports .skp file format up to v6. When you exchange data with the SketchUP application, please be sure that the appropriate file format is used.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Many thanks for this very helpful advice. I was using SketchUp 7 and this is why the file could not be read. Back-saving the file to v6 seems to work for a simple SketchUp model however not for my student's 30MB SketchUp file which keeps crashing my computer. Is there a file size limit that anyone is aware of?