BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Controlling skins line & line weights in section

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am using Version 10. Any help with controlling skins in section would be appreciated. I am using the slab tool to draw ceilings and soffits. In drawing ceilings and soffits, the ceiling skins do not merge with wall skins when you open the section view. I've tried adjusting priority levels but nothing seems to work.

Also, when viewing ceilings/soffits in section is there a way to create a "wall end" so that it looks like it has a finished edge? Again, I am using the slab tool to make ceilings.

Lastly, any adjustments I make to the cut surfaces line settings do not seem to show up in any of my sections and only change on the floor plan. Am I doing something wrong?

Help much appreciated!
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable
It appears that your wall interpenetrates your slab.
Try shortening the wall so it's top is the exact height
of the underside or the slab or hold the slab back
so it touches the inside surface of the wall and does
not extend all the way to the outside surface of the wall.
Peter Devlin
Anonymous
Not applicable
Stopping the wall short of the slab or vice-versa still leaves the problem of the end of the wall/slab in section not being "closed" with the skin. Is this a fix with fill or other 2d drawing tool only?
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
I have two possible solutions for you.
See attached image.

Wall Ends work only with Walls, and only at the ends of Walls not their sides.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Karl Ottenstein
And a third that uses a solid element subtract:

Create a profiled wall similar to Laszlo's first example - but just with the outside sheathing extending upwards. Place your slab on top of the core of the wall - only up to the sheathing as in real life - with the core and inside sheathing of the wall penetrating the bottom sheathing of the slab. Subtract the wall from the slab.

Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Learn and get certified!