Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

Artlantis manual

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,

I don't know if this is of any interest for anybody but I thought it would be a good idea to share it here.
There's a manual available for Artlantis V2.
It can be obtained here: http://www.artlantisobjects.com/html/manual.html

Sjaak
6 REPLIES 6
Karl Ottenstein
Hi Sjaak,

I was tempted to move this to the Ads forum, as it is indeed an advertisement for a product-for-purchase even though that is not at all clear in your message. However, we have allowed new announced products to appear in the normal forums in the past...

But... I want to clarify to all readers that this is NOT a manual as in the conventional English usage of the word, implying a manual from the manufacturer. (There is none from Abvent, only online help and free video tutorials on the operation of the program - which is in part why Dwight is writing his book and no doubt Rudie wrote this tutorial.)

This is a 3rd party tutorial with description and price via the link on Sjaak's web site.

It is great to have yet another Artlantis resource, Sjaak.

Cheers,
Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for your understanding Karl.

If you would have moved or removed it I could understand. Nothing is as irritating as placing ads in forums. I have seen Dwight announcing his book here so ......

Rudie wrote his manual to have a good book at hand with his courses. It reads as a manual and everybody starting using Artlantis will find it a great help.

Then when you get the grasp of artlantis and you are up to more......
Dwights book goes beyond that. Dwight already gave me a sneek preview. He allowed me to read a chapter. Having those 2 books on your desk will really enhance working with Artlantis.

Sjaak
Karl Ottenstein
Sjaak wrote:
I have seen Dwight announcing his book here so ....
Hi Sjaak,

Thanks for understanding. Just to clear the air about Dwight's signature, which advertises his book - if you look at the Memberlist by frequent posters and most attachments, you will see that Dwight is one of the top posters here, answering questions daily for many years with no financial benefit for his huge contribution. The powers-that-be allow his signature 'ad' as a minimal compensation. It is a double-standard, I know...but it seems fair to me. 😉

By the way, I encourage you to place a detailed ad (including price) in the Ads forum! Feel free to copy the entire English bit from your web site. Ads are automatically removed after 30 days, so you will have to post the ad again in a month if you want to keep it running.

Best regards,
Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
I think this post can stay here in this thread for now as it now also contains other discussion.
But on the long run the Ads section is a better place for that.
Sjaak, as Karl suggested, feel free to post your Ad in the Ads forum. When it expires, you can just repost it.

I have one remark about the manual: I would let prospective buyers have a look at it, for example, if it is 10 Chapters, maybe make the first 2 Chapters available. Otherwise, how would anybody know whether it is a good quality book or not. If people are not able to see what is inside, they will either take the risk of buying it or they won't. Or they can try to get information about the book's quality from others.

I case of Dwight's book: he answers so many questions that are related to his books contents, sometimes supplemented with extracts from his book that anyone can easily decide for himself whether it is good value for him or not.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
HI laszlonagy,

There has been taken care of that. In the shop you can go to the 'moreinfo' page. In that page a link is available that shows some example pages.

http://www.artlantisobjects.com/html/manual.html

I hope this helps you.

Thank you all for your support.

Sjaak

Ps. I will think of a good signature ;o)
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Ahhha!!!
Cool.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27