Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Creating wall tags

Anonymous
Not applicable
Can some one point me in the right direction on how to make wall tags that will read parameters assigned to a wall, furthermore, can some one let me know how to assign parameters to a wall? I need a tag that will read information like; fire rating, construction type, ect.. In my Revit mind, which i am trying to switch to an Archicad mind. I am thinking that i could make a tag that will read specific parameters, then assign those parameters to the walls and enter the correct information for each wall.

Exe. I make a parameter that says fire rating, then in the wall properties i tell it 1 for 1 hr.
Then how do i make the tag so that when i tag the wall it will read the 1 for 1 hr and display it in the tag ( i know i could make a tag with a 1 in it and just copy it around, this is just a simplified exe of the tag i really want to make which will have more information in it, fire rating is just part of it.)

I don't need you to write out how to do it here, just point me in the direction of some articles to get started with.
Thank you

PS
I know i should get training, but posting and reading this site is my employers idea of training, and i cannot pay for it my self, so don't tell me to get training or read the manual. I know.
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable
ArchiCAD does not provide a parameter specifically for the fire rating of the wall and there is no facility for adding user parameters. Most people I know use some combination of wall type (composite structure), wall ID, and/or layer to designate the fire rating. All this information (and much more) is available to the label tool.

Assigning fire rating by type or layer is generally better than doing so individually by parameter as it makes the process more automatic. What combination of layer, type or ID to use depends on the details of your practice.