Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Problems with IFC Favorites #1:IFC parameters don't transfer

Erika Epstein
Booster
Aaron Bourgoin raised some questions about IFC2x3 favorites
http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=27665&highlight= and I started playing around with them.

Select and element that has IFC. Open its settings box and on the IFC tab fill out what you want. Still in the settings box CTRL/CMD+T save these settings as a favorite.

If you have some of these elements already placed in the floor plan but before you filled out the IFC tab, selecting them and double-clicking on the favorite in the Favorites Palette, all but the IFC info is updated. Not correct.

On the other hand, if you double click on the favorite and then place new instances, they will have the IFC info.
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
2 REPLIES 2
Laura Yanoviak
Advocate
Erika wrote:
If you have some of these elements already placed in the floor plan but before you filled out the IFC tab, selecting them and double-clicking on the favorite in the Favorites Palette, all but the IFC info is updated. Not correct.

On the other hand, if you double click on the favorite and then place new instances, they will have the IFC info.
Sounds like typical (and flawed) Favorite behavior to me...
MacBook Pro Apple M2 Max, 96 GB of RAM
AC26 US (5002) on Mac OS Ventura 13.5
I'd like to forward Erika's threads on the subject to the American Graphisoft guys - Kurt Ameringer and Monte Chapin. As this topic gains more momentum I think its important to get the North American perspective on the use of IFCs, best practices, etc. The Europeans will hopefully fix the problems and contribute their own commentary, but perspectives from this side of the pond were never more important.

I'd like to and I'm gonna.
Think Like a Spec Writer
AC4.55 through 27 / USA AC27-4060 USA
Rhino 8 Mac
MacOS 14.2.1