Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

LightWorks settings & textures for TOP-VIEW rendering

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,

I need to prepare a top-view plan for an apartment. I have the dwg file from AutoCAD, received from the architect and I have to apply textures and effects on the elements to look similar like in attachemnt.
On the other hand I have tried to rebuild the plan with the archicad tools and elements but unfortunately when I tried to render, the final photo looks ... "freeky", worst effects quality and so on.

I will attach some previews to show you the dwg file and what I've tried to do. If you can help me please do it here or on PM. Thanks a lot !

P.S I use ArchiCAD 12 (USA Full for teamwork) on a Dual Core E5200 - 2.5ghz, 4GB RAM, Integrated Intel Graphics, OS Vista Ultimate
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable
the screenshot from archicad
Anonymous
Not applicable
the top-view rendered
Anonymous
Not applicable
this is how it should look (shadows, colors, lights effects, etc)
Dwight
Newcomer
You can use a variety of techniques to soften the light and color the shadows, but LightWorks in Archicad will NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER make that glowing radiosity. Never.

Get the Artlantis demo - two weeks, full function - for those soft shadows.
Leave extra at the bottom to cut off the logo.
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
ok, thanks for the answer, i have downloaded the Artlantis software. I hope I will find some tutorials for it.
Anonymous
Not applicable
hey i wanted to do such a plan, could anyone provide me with a description of how can i do that? thanks alot i really appreciate it