BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Custom materials not showing on custom library object..

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have made a library object using my own materials. I have also been sent a file to work with which I have to transport the object in to. When I open the file, I load my library where the object and all my materials are located but they aren't showing in the material palette and therefore, not showing on my object.

How may I resolve this?
3 REPLIES 3
Erika Epstein
Booster
You need to add the material you made to the file. Use the Attibute Manager to add your custom material(s) to the new file.

Options>Attributes>Attribute Manager
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hmm.. The materials I made for the object aren't showing in the Attribute Manager. Unless I've not followed correctly.

I'm in the new file and have loaded the library object into it and then gone to the Attribute Manager.. is that what you mean?
Laura Yanoviak
Advocate
Import the Material Attributes from the original file to the new file via the Attribute Manager. In the new file, go to Attribute Manager, hit Open (on the right half of the dialog box), browse to the old file, and Open. Select the Material(s) from the list on the right half of the dialog and Append to the list on the left.
MacBook Pro Apple M2 Max, 96 GB of RAM
AC26 US (5002) on Mac OS Ventura 13.5
Learn and get certified!