BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Modified status in Drawing Manager

Anonymous
Not applicable
This has probably been discussed, but I could only find older version references.

Without fail, I open any .pln that I saved earlier and the Drawing Manager shows drawings that need to be checked even though I've done nothing but open the file.

The drawings that are modified are internally generated (floor plans, elevations, etc.), not externally referenced, and we're not talking one or two, but a couple of dozen that take time to update.

It's frustrating to not be sure everything is OK in the file when it's close to the end of the CD process.

Thanks.
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thread Mining.........Has this issue found a resolve. I'm finding one job in AC12 opens with almost ALL internally linked drawings requiring updating. I can update, save, close and re-open the file to find all require updating again.............I mean seriously "What The" !!!!!!!
Anonymous
Not applicable
I've never received a reply about this one. It's still a pain in the neck.
reidweber
Enthusiast
Hello all,

Wanting to revive this topic. What triggers when Archicad updates a drawing status? I'm still having similar issues with this. I'll update details or sections and not make any changes to these items, open the layout with the drawings, close the layout and open another one, then go back to the original one and they all need to updating again.

Other than turning off auto-update is there any way that Archicad can tell if a drawing has been modified, and only update it if there have been modifications in that view? This is more of an issue with the timing, but sometimes, on layouts with quite a few details or publishing I'm waiting 5-10 minutes for things to update.

Thank you,

Reid
ArchiCAD 24, 25 & 26 US
WINDOWS PC, 16GB RAM, Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3770 CPU @ 3.40GHz 3.40 GHZ, NVIDIA GEForce GTX 970, ASUS, CM6870, Rev X.0x
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
Just going into the Settings Dialogue of a single wall (for example) and not changing anything, will trigger updates throughout the whole model in general.

If you have a very large model consider manual update, or publishing PMK files from your views and linking those on the layouts. The latter might not play nicely with BIMx and linked views.

There is the Drawing Manager to make updating a bit more manageable, though I can't say long update times have been an issue for us since AC19 or so when speed was increased considerably with background updating.
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
Learn and get certified!