Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Openings - Arched openings as doors

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm using v10, and when I insert an opening as a door, the edge of the opening (perpendicular to the wall surfaces) is open. I've been drawing in a line to make it more representative of a true arched opening but I don't recall having to do this with earlier versions of ArchiCAD.

Thanks
Ed-Rab
Mac Book Pro, Leopard 10.5.6, 2.5 GHz, Intel Core 2 Duo, 4GB, ArchiCAD v10
5 REPLIES 5
Erika Epstein
Booster
Please post a screenshot of your settings and placed door/openings; I can't reproduce what you describe.
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Erich
Contributor
From your post it sounds as though you are seeing this in 2D and adding the line in plan. Is that right? Since I don't have 10 loaded right now, I will guess based on 11. Do you have the "Connection on the left" and "Connection on the right" turned on? If so, and if the settings are similar enough, turn them both off.

If this is not what you are talking about, then a picture is worth a thousand words...
Erich

AC 19 6006 & AC 20
Mac OS 10.11.5
15" Retina MacBook Pro 2.6
27" iMac Retina 5K
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for the comments;
see attached screen capture.

I added one other issue - where wall corners do not "flow" as the two on the left but the two on the right do.
Erich
Contributor
Did you check out the connection lines for the opening?

For the walls, make sure that the wall reference lines match up. Typically, this will mean having them on the outside face of the wall. Be aware that they are also directional and should be moving in the same direction.

You can check on this by going to

Display > Display only options > Walls and Beams Reference Lines.

This will highlight the reference line of the wall and add an arrow to the line to indicate direction.

HTH
Erich

AC 19 6006 & AC 20
Mac OS 10.11.5
15" Retina MacBook Pro 2.6
27" iMac Retina 5K
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
Ed_Rab wrote:
I'm using v10, and when I insert an opening as a door, the edge of the opening (perpendicular to the wall surfaces) is open. I've been drawing in a line to make it more representative of a true arched opening but I don't recall having to do this with earlier versions of ArchiCAD.
Ed:

For the D Arch Opening 10, change the Wall Contours parameter to 1, if you stretch the dialog box you will see the various options: Wall Contours (0-None,1-Full,2-Side,3-Length). For version 10, this interface element is primitive (entering numbers for various options, rather than a pop up list).

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14