Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

D3 Real Doors/Windows

Anonymous
Not applicable
For AC 12 what add on or door/window package would people recommend. I'm upgrading from version 10 to AC 12 and would like to take my 3d modeling to the next level. In the past I have always had issues trying to use the standard graphisoft doors/windows with units that need to be ganged together either horizontally or vertically in order to call them out in the interactive schedule as one unit and not have to explode the schedules. Its also very frustrating to get the trim and sill conditions to look right in both 3d and 2d. I was looking into purchasing the Residential Collection from D3 that includes the doors/windows, 3d trim, as well as the 3d kitchen/bath package all in one for $299. Any recommendations on whether or not this would solve some of the previous issues I mentioned, in regard to also upgrading to version 12. If not, what do people do in order to accomplish this?
3 REPLIES 3
Erika Epstein
Booster
I can't recall if smart parts can list ganged windows as one ID. Did you query DDGI?
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Rick Thompson
Expert
I use Smart Parts, have for years. I started back when Ac wouldn't even give you control of the trim. SO, I am not really that familiar with AC's windows and doors. I did change over to AC's cabinets. I like them, and never upgraded SmartPart's version.. so I can't say much comparing them either. I use a few of the Trim library, but not much. He has a nice trim that you can set at a slope, which I use for rake trim.

I'll attach a schedule I generate so you can see the results. It does list ganged as one unit. I manually fill in the "single" or "twin" note. Same with the doors, I fill in the interior and exterior. Those fields are actually the ID field.
Rick Thompson
Mac Sonoma AC 26
http://www.thompsonplans.com
Mac M2 studio w/ display
Rick Thompson
Expert
AS far as the rake trim goes.. this shot is an example, and the bracket is from the Smartparts library.
Rick Thompson
Mac Sonoma AC 26
http://www.thompsonplans.com
Mac M2 studio w/ display