Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

multiple layouts in one DWG - can it be done?

Anonymous
Not applicable
After 3 long years we have finally finished a project in Archicad 9. We had set up DWG templates in which the entire structure was split up in multiple DIN A0 layouts (21 to be exact) and published simply to one file.

In Archicad 10 I have realized that it seems improbable to recreate this. Is it true that Archicad 10 will ignore my layouts in the template and only create one DWG for every layout I have made in the book?

I read this post which is rather old but the only one I found relative to my problem. I'm hoping there might be another solution. The only option that comes to me is to publish (possibly again 21 DWGs) and subsequently re-import the layouts back into one file and delete the other 20.

Sensible would be that the subset gets published creating in the subset DWG all the layouts it contains.

3 REPLIES 3
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
You will probably have to go with the solution you wrote. Currently each Layout gets published as a separate DWG file.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
I thought about it some more today and the way I have been publishing. I see it roughly like this:

The option of placing all layouts into one DWG needs to be available however maintaining the ability to publish layouts individually. Quite simple really!
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Make a wish so we can vote for it.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27