BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Specification software

Anonymous
Not applicable
Ok, this is driving me crazy. Why does no one offer any software to work with ArchiCAD to write specifications? I just got off the phone withBSD Speclink and E-Spec who both offer a great software package that works inside Revit. I am working on a large LEED commercial project and need to generate a spec book, what software is out there for this?
9 REPLIES 9
Erika Epstein
Booster
Take a look at CADimages's keynotes, which ties into your specs.
cadimage
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Anonymous
Not applicable
yes that helps a little with creating the reference markers but i am talking about a program that will create detailed performance or products spec's. That Cadimage tool is really for notes and any detailed description you have to write it believe. I mean how are the largest building in the world being built using ArchiCAD and its BIM ability with no interactive spec software??!!??
Anonymous
Not applicable
It looks like e-SPECS is the first one to develop this and to be released soon.
They are having a webinar on June 6th.

http://www.especs-server.com/e-specs_webcast.nsf/WebinarSchedule

I'd like to hear what have ArchiCad users been doing so far, without any plug-in?
Ralph Wessel
Mentor
b.trenga wrote:
Ok, this is driving me crazy. Why does no one offer any software to work with ArchiCAD to write specifications? I just got off the phone withBSD Speclink and E-Spec who both offer a great software package that works inside Revit. I am working on a large LEED commercial project and need to generate a spec book, what software is out there for this?
In the UK, we've developed a link to the NBS Building software - you can see it in use here.
Ralph Wessel BArch
PB
Advocate
Seems there is Especs in the 'States & NBS in the UK......but neither of them run on the Mac platform. Any service out there that works with AC on the Mac (we will not run Microsoft OSes in Bootcamp or virtualisation - problems outweigh the benefits)?
AC27 Apple Silicon. Twinmotion.
16" M1 Max MacBook Pro 32GB, Apple Studio Display, MacOS14
b.trenga wrote:
This is still a valid and important question. Did you find any useful solutions for linking ArchiCAD to programs like e-Spec?

Cadimage Keynotes could be a great help in generating custom made Specifications, but I don't know if it is useful or not in trying to integrate the ArchiCAD project with MasterSpec or MasterFormat ( AIA/CSI) programs.

I wish I knew more about it.

ArchiCAD 25 7000 USA - Windows 10 Pro 64x - Dell 7720 64 GB 2400MHz ECC - Xeon E3 1535M v6 4.20GHz - (2) 1TB M.2 PCIe Class 50 SSD's - 17.3" UHD IPS (3840x2160) - Nvidia Quadro P5000 16GB GDDR5 - Maxwell Studio/Render 5.2.1.49- Multilight 2 - Adobe Acrobat Pro - ArchiCAD 6 -25

alemanda
Advocate
After seeing
http://youtu.be/hOvxqJL-Qvs
I found it useful and quite practical...
It allows consistency thought the model ...
AC 19 and AC21 latest hotfix
Win 10 Pro 64bit
Double XEON 14 CORES (tot 28 physical cores)
32GB RAM - SSD 256GB - Nvidia Quadro K620
Display DELL 25'' 2560x1440
www.almadw.it
alemanda wrote:
After seeing
http://youtu.be/hOvxqJL-Qvs
I found it useful and quite practical...
It allows consistency thought the model ...
Yes, I know Key Notes is is useful for making a detailed Specification Reports.

It is the integration of ArchiCAD with MasterSpec and/or MasterSpec software programs since these are the industry standards that I want to know about. Generating proprietary specifications is not always an option.

ArchiCAD 25 7000 USA - Windows 10 Pro 64x - Dell 7720 64 GB 2400MHz ECC - Xeon E3 1535M v6 4.20GHz - (2) 1TB M.2 PCIe Class 50 SSD's - 17.3" UHD IPS (3840x2160) - Nvidia Quadro P5000 16GB GDDR5 - Maxwell Studio/Render 5.2.1.49- Multilight 2 - Adobe Acrobat Pro - ArchiCAD 6 -25

Anonymous
Not applicable
Masterspec here in NZ can be connected to Cadimage keynotes, for a fee of course payable to Masterspec.
Learn and get certified!