Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

3d text

Anonymous
Not applicable
Does anyone know if 3d text is editable....I'd like to rotate it in the z axis (it only allows for rptation in the x axis) and I'd like to skew it. Is this possible?

Thanks
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable
sharon wrote:
Does anyone know if 3d text is editable....I'd like to rotate it in the z axis (it only allows for rptation in the x axis) and I'd like to skew it.
Hi Sharon,

Try Peter Devlin's Rotator (you can download it from here http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/object_depository.php?browse=Depository/Archicad%20Modules ). It will allow you to rotate any library part in x, y, z axes.

Cheers,
Adrian Tudoreanu
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you. I've down loaded it and now I don't know where to find the command to actually rotate the object. Can you clarify this please?

Thanks
Anonymous
Not applicable
I would suggest using Olivier Dentan's multi-line 3D text object
available here.
http://pagesperso-orange.fr/archilib.od/
It makes text that can be rotated and it's parameters are
available for editing unlike an object that is rotated using
Rotator.gsm.
Peter Devlin
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you. I've downloaded both of the 3d text rotators but I can't see how to rotate them in any other axis other than the x axis. Could someone please enlighten me?

I also downloaded Oliver Dentan's tentmaker. I drew it in a section but when I go to the floor plan it's nowhere to be found....again any suggestions?
rocorona
Booster
I also downloaded Oliver Dentan's tentmaker. I drew it in a section but when I go to the floor plan it's nowhere to be found....again any suggestions?
Any object placed in a SECTION or ELEVATION window, will actually place ONLY the 2D symbol.
In fact, in those kind of views you are only allowed to draw 2D elements, or add Doors and Windows to existing Walls, or modify already placed elements.

--Roberto Corona--
www.archiradar.com
AC18 - ITA full on Win10
Peter wrote:
I would suggest using Olivier Dentan's multi-line 3D text object
Very good suggestion, Peter. I've almost forgotten this useful object.
sharon wrote:
I can't see how to rotate them in any other axis other than the x axis.
Sharon, please see the attached image (for Olivier Dentan's 3D text object).

Hope that helps.
Adrian Tudoreanu
3D Text.jpg
Rod Jurich
Contributor
sharon wrote:
Does anyone know if 3d text is editable..../.....
Sharon, this may be what you want.
Rod Jurich
AC4.55 - AC14 INT (4204) |  | OBJECTiVE |