Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

Rendering Elevations from ArchiCAD with Maxwell Plugin

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi everyone,

I have been trying to render full elevations using the Maxwell Plugin, the way I have approached it is to put 3d view into axonometric, then parallel view to the surface I want. I then use the Maxwell plug-in to render, yet no matter what I try it will only render a small box out of the entire elevation, and I've tried it on 3 projects with the same results. Does anyone have any ideas what I am doing wrong or a procedure I should follow?

Thanks for your time,
Richard
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable
sorry I can't help -yet

actually as a longtime Artlantis user (where the setup was all so very easy) I am struggling with the maxwell experience too. No doubt it gives great results, but to get there......

and I still cannot find out how to render them to a scale - in Artlantis you can spec a scale and a dpi, so that when you place the image you set the correct dpi, and with confidence know your image is at the desired scale...a simple but wonderful thing....
TMA_80
Enthusiast
Hi!

you should try to render from maxwell studio ( not sure it is possible through the ac plugin_ which is great by the way) ...there, you can either :

1- render the active view in the viewport ( choose , the view you want to render , top, front..etc))

2- from the camera option select the view you want

it will not be in scale as maxwell afaik doesn't have this option ( or at least is not supposed to work this way)... the resolution and photoshop are the way to go in this case.

be sure to have the latest maxwell edition 1.7.1 so that you'll be sure it will work
AC12_20 |Win10_64bit|
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi TMA_80,

Yeah the plugin does allow for export to Maxwell Studio which is the solution i'm using at the moment, the problem is that is does not give a true elevation as it converts to a slight perspective, which is a let down as Maxwell gives wonderful renders.

Rich
TMA_80
Enthusiast
here is a screenshot from maxwell studio settings with the two alternatives;

once you've chosen the view hit render...
choices.jpg
AC12_20 |Win10_64bit|
Anonymous
Not applicable
Doh, not seeing the woods for the trees! Slightly off topic is there a way to make my glass windows more transparent?