Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

2 questions,

Anonymous
Not applicable
Im finally making myself learn how to use the door and window schedules under Elements. Its not very user friendly but im learning. Keep in mind none of this is set up for me so Im creating these elements from scratch.

Any way question 1, For a remodeling project, how do I keep exisitng windows and doors from appearing on the schedules?

Question 2, How do I format the row and column sizes so everything isnt all bunched together?

Thank for your help.
1 REPLY 1
Karl Ottenstein
cougarbrent wrote:
Any way question 1, For a remodeling project, how do I keep exisitng windows and doors from appearing on the schedules?

Question 2, How do I format the row and column sizes so everything isnt all bunched together?
For (1), use different ID formats for new elements vs old. For example, assign each door an ID like XD01, XD02 for existing doors and D01, D02 for new ones. In the Scheme Settings, set Element ID to "start with D". See screenshot. The ones that start with "X" will not show up.

For (2), the column headings drag dynamically, like Excel columns. Place your mouse on the line in the 'ruler' row at the top of the window between the columns, and the shape changes. Drag.

Cheers,
Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB