Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Dynamic Links & ArchiCAD

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi all,

Our office uses a template index sheet that is the same for all projects, the only thing that changes is the actual project name, civic address, floor areas etc.
I am wondering if there is a way to dynamically link this index sheet to an excel sheet and have this sheet update the archiCAD index sheet text fields. Any help would be apreciated.

Cheers,

Matts Vai
2 REPLIES 2
Chazz
Enthusiast
Unsatisfying answer: I think so. I looked into it and messed around with defining an external XML schema and importing that for the project info (which defines the fields as well as the content). In the end I decided that just entering the stuff in ArchiCAD's Project Info dialog was easier.

However, in certain high volume practices, where there was sufficient staff to maintain the external XML file, it could make sense. Whether this link betwixt the XML file and AC could be made truly dynamic (rather than just updatable) was unclear to me.

Doubtless others here with more (or just some) database/XML experience will have deeper thoughts on this.
Nattering nabob of negativism
2023 MBP M2 Max 32GM. MaxOS-Current
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks Chazz. It does make sense that it would be XML structured as there needs to be a way to "tag" each individual text field in ArchiCAD. With excel it would be a bit harder... thanks again

Cheers,