Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Placing Drawing on Layouts

Anonymous
Not applicable
Aloha
Whenever I place a drawing on a Layout sheet, either by right clicking or dragging the drawing into the sheets title, ArchiCAD 11 changes the title of the drawing to 'First Floor Plan'.
Hopefully there is an embaressingly simple fix for this.
HELP!
mahalo
dean
5 REPLIES 5
Erika Epstein
Booster
Check what the drawing is reading as its name. In the info box look at the setting
'By View:'
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Anonymous
Not applicable
Erika,
I am not sure what you are suggesting.

I attached a pdf of my screen / navigator.
In this view I have just dragged the selected "North Elevation' to the layout sheet Elevations, it appears at the bottom of the list as 'First Floor Plan'

thanks for any help sleuthing,
dean
Anonymous
Not applicable
Aloha
I think my screen print attached this time.
mahalo
dean
Anonymous
Not applicable
Dean

Kia Ora

Go to your layout. Select the drawing on the layout and go to "Drawing Selection Settings". In the options near the top of the dialogue there is "Drawing Name:" for which the options are "By View: Name only", "By View: ID + Name" and "Custom". It sounds like yours is set to Custom, with the custom text being "First Floor Plan". Change it to one of the By View options, then hit OK.

If you now use the syringe (ALT+click, CMD+click on Mac) to pick up the properties of the drawing (this resets the default settings), future placed drawings will take on the same properties.

HTH
Erika Epstein
Booster
You want the drawing to call the name of the view, see attached.
Select the drawing(s) on the layout and in the info box (see attached) or in the Drawing's Settings Box ctrl/cmd+T set what you want the name to be.
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"