Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

mesh 3d_v2 object shape question

Anonymous
Not applicable
Can you only use this object for rectangular shapes? I have an L-shaped surface I am trying to model but when I reposition the control points it goes all crazy. I was hoping there is an better way than subtracting out the corner. Thanks!
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable
Could you use solid element operations, or group operations (if this is a scripted mesh)?
Anonymous
Not applicable
the problem with the solid element operations is that it leaves the original outline of the mesh on the plan. Is group operations similar to solid ops, just with a group? the mesh is just the 3d mesh from the depository someone pointed me to for doing complex curves and stuff
Anonymous
Not applicable
I think that the simplest solution might be to use solid element operations to cut the mesh to shape.

If you intersect it with a slab, then the slab has its own 2D outline. You could use that instead of the mesh outline for the plan view.

If the slab and the mesh are placed in separate layers, you can show the mesh only for 3D and the slab only for the plan view.
Dwight
Newcomer
can you describe the shape better?
Dwight Atkinson