Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

SEO NO-GO

Tom Krowka
Booster
Have intersected various roofs via SEO process. Looks great in 3d. However, SEO does not appear to update the cover fill on the roof materials.
Is this how it typically works. Have been doing this for a some time now with Archicad and wondered if there is a work around. Is a pain in the neck to have to figure out the roof intersections the old fashioned manual way.
Tom Krowka Architect
Windows 11, AC Version 26
Thomas@wkarchwk.com
www.walshkrowka.com
6 REPLIES 6
vfrontiers
Enthusiast
You are not using the ROOF TOOL's built in intersection feature? Select one roof and cmd-clk on an opposing EDGE. It will join with the other roof... Repeat this choosing the opposite roofs and they will both join.
Duane

Visual Frontiers

AC25 :|: AC26 :|: AC27
:|: Enscape3.4:|:TwinMotion

DellXPS 4.7ghz i7:|: 8gb GPU 1070ti / Alienware M18 Laptop
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
SEOs do not change the 2D (plan) view, only the model.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Anonymous
Not applicable
The only workaround that I use , is to isolate the roofs ( the ones that modified by SEO) by layer combination , and create a 3D documentation , top view .

and place it where its needed in the layout book . at least 3DD is live !
Tom Krowka
Booster
Have not had real good luck with roof intersection tool. I usually get some crazy intersection that is not what I have in mind. Am going to add the seo/fill issue to the wish list. Seems pretty straight forward that one operation would cover all aspects of the elements involved.
Tom Krowka Architect
Windows 11, AC Version 26
Thomas@wkarchwk.com
www.walshkrowka.com
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
Tom:

I get very reliable results from Roof Intersections if I roughly draw the perimeters of the roofs where I think they belong before getting ArchiCAD to do the precise work. The issue with SEOs (besides the fact that they do not show in the plan view), is that you will probably end up using some roofs as both Operators and Targets, and the SEOs may become too complex for ArchiCAD to parse reliably.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Erika Epstein
Booster
Tom wrote:
I usually get some crazy intersection that is not what I have in mind.
Perhaps you could post a sample of what happened when you used the roof intersection method and sketch or note what you had wanted instead?
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"

Still looking?

Browse more topics

Back to forum

See latest solutions

Accepted solutions