Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

ArchiCAD to SketchUp

Anonymous
Not applicable
Does anyone know if AC 12 can convert files into sketchup files? I know that sketchup files can be worked in AC12 with the installation of the plugin. I'm wondering because clients of ours has Sketchup and you like to play with the massing model that we have created.

thanks!
5 REPLIES 5
Karl Ottenstein
Just save as 3DS and open in SU. The 'free' SU can import a variety of 3D formats. So just try / play. (You have to buy a license for SU only to EXPORT into other 3D formats.)

Cheers,
Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
I´ve try that, but in Sketch Up the scale changes.

What should I do?

For example in Archicad the size is 60m, but in SU is like 1840m.

What's going on there?
Eduardo Rolon
Check your export units in AC and your import units in SketchUp both should be the same or you get the problem described. Also you can rescale the project in SU by selecting all objects and using the tape measure click on two points that you know the distance and type the correct amount. SU will ask if you want to rescale the project, click yes and you are done.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Anonymous
Not applicable
ejrolon wrote:
Check your export units in AC and your import units in SketchUp both should be the same or you get the problem described. Also you can rescale the project in SU by selecting all objects and using the tape measure click on two points that you know the distance and type the correct amount. SU will ask if you want to rescale the project, click yes and you are done.
Can you post some configuration unit boxes to see how you have it?
Eduardo Rolon
when you export from AC check that you are in meters. When you import in SU check that you are in meters.

In AC when you select save as 3DS it will ask you for the units, these should match your project units in SketchUp.

If all else fail look in the help manual for SketchUp for tape Measure and Scale and you will get all your boxes.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator