Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Line Types Unavailable --Has Anyone Seen This?

Chazz
Enthusiast
On a current project I noticed I am now unable to change the line type of any element (lines, polylines, slabs, roofs, etc). When I click on the line type pop-up nothing happens. This may have started after I merged in site data from the civil engineer. Attribute manager shows I now have 94 line types. I’ve seen this in AC 7.0 too but never resolved it. I am really getting stuck.
Nattering nabob of negativism
2023 MBP M2 Max 32GM. MaxOS-Current
5 REPLIES 5
Djordje
Ace
Chazz wrote:
On a current project I noticed I am now unable to change the line type of any element (lines, polylines, slabs, roofs, etc).
Merge in your template file, or use Attribute manager to bring in desired line types.
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Chazz
Enthusiast
Djordje wote
Merge in your template file, or use Attribute manager to bring in desired line types.
Djordje, thanks for the reply but my issue is that I cannot access the line types I have in my project. The pop-up for linetypes refuses to pop-up. As I say, Attribute Manager shows that I have all the line types I need. I just can't get to them.

Yes, I could probably do a new and reset/merge but I have a million section elevs/viewsets/stories, bla bla bla.

Any other thoughts? Anyone?
Anonymous
Not applicable
I assume that this is only happening with the one file.

Have you tried deleting all the line types you don't need?
Chazz
Enthusiast
Matthew, thanks. Yes, a purge of all unused line types does the trick. I wonder if I'm running up against an internal limit on the number of line types. 94 does not seem like that many….

I'm always hesitant to use the “purge all unused” as I’ve had it purge layers, etc that were very much in use!
Anonymous
Not applicable
It's probable that there was a particular line type that ArchiCAD didn't like. I have never noticed an upper limit on the number allowed.