Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

StairMaker "Tread Height"?

Christiaan
Participant
I'm modelling a stair with StairMaker and I have to say I can't quite work out the logic of the settings.

Under Tread and Riser Sizes there's a parameter called Tread Height. Do they mean Riser Height? A tread doesn't have a height. A tread has depth and width.

Putting that aside, however, the main problem I'm having is that the Tread Depth parameter is greyed out.

In Vectorworks you specify the tread depth (I want 250 mm) and the maximum riser height (in this case 170 mm) and then it calculates the length of the whole stair and the riser height (in the case of my 2850 mm floor to floor height it should come out as 167.65 mm).

Can I produce this behaviour with StairMaker and how do I un-grey the Tread Depth parameter?
5 REPLIES 5
Erika Epstein
Booster
If a value is greyed out, such as the tread depth, it would be because another value which is linked to it such as stair length is locked.

In my US version I don't see what you describe.

Add you OS and Archicad version to your profile.

Post a screenshot of your settings box so we can see what you are.
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Anonymous
Not applicable
If it's greyed out it must be locked, although I don't see where it asks for thread height. I think stairmaker settings are quite self explanatory. Maybe a screen shot will help us to see what you mean

I've a different query in relation to stairs - how do you get rid of the extra line on plan for the standard stairs in the library? I think it represents the junction between the stairs and the floor but it annoys me because it looks as if there is one more riser than there actually is
Anonymous
Not applicable
look in stairmaker on the first 'page' of settings, i think under the riser and going settings, there are two options/ buttons, one showing the last step as being the last step and one adding an 'additional' step level with the floor finish - the one you don't want... so click on the other one.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks Xristina.
Yes I'm familiar with that option in stairmaker. I was referring to the standard stairs in the library which I sometimes use.
I suppose it's just as easy to go into stairmaker and do it that way
Anonymous
Not applicable
Pete wrote:
Thanks Xristina.
Yes I'm familiar with that option in stairmaker. I was referring to the standard stairs in the library which I sometimes use.
I suppose it's just as easy to go into stairmaker and do it that way
oh , sorry i thought you meant a stairmaker produced stair... i don't use the 'ready made' ones from the library