Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

selection tool not synched with mouse

Anonymous
Not applicable
A problem that seems to be happening every day now....
We are working on a teamwork project, and as the file size has grown I'm running into some problems with the selection tool. To keep it short, the mouse curser seems to be out of synch with the selection tool. When 'click' on one area of the screen, lines/fills/objects on a different part of the screen are selected.

I am using ArchiCAD 11.
The computer I'm using is new....Running Windows XP, Dell Precision PWS390, Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU
2.00GB Ram, NVIDIA Quadro FX 3450/4000 SDI video card.

Has anyone else experience this problem?
4 REPLIES 4
Lipi
Participant
This might be a bit late answer, but for me it helped if I switch from the floorplan to an elevation or section wondow in navigator and back. Still annoying, but takes less time than reopening file.
ArchiCad 22, Sweden
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
HP ZBook 15u / Intel Core i7 8:e gen. 8550U / 1.8 GHz (4 GHz) / 8 MB Cache
AMD Radeon Pro WX 3100 / Intel HD Graphics 620, 2 GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
Also check that you have not accidentally turned Snap on (the S key is the shortcut, easy to do)
Anonymous
Not applicable
I am having this problem also, and it is not the "s" button. However, I am running ARCH 11 in a MAC Windows environment. Any other suggestions for ideas to try?
Karl Ottenstein
ingab wrote:
I am having this problem also, and it is not the "s" button. However, I am running ARCH 11 in a MAC Windows environment. Any other suggestions for ideas to try?
?? Mac or Windows? Or are you saying that the same behavior happens on both Mac and Windows for you?

What version OS are you on. If Lion, it could just be an incompatibility with 11 if the snap grid is disabled...

Could be a screen refresh/rebuild problem?

What mouse do you use? Any special drivers installed for it? Have you tried another mouse which uses native drivers if so?

Cheers,
Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB