Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

strating a new project

Anonymous
Not applicable
hi friends,
i am a newbie to archicad.i have downloaded experience BIM Interactive Training and i completed 4 chapters.here a given plan is imported to start the project.also we get project map and view map details on which the traning is based.i tried importing my plan file(autocad),but i dont get view map and project map details.i want to create 3d from my autocad plan.please tell me how to get started??
thanks in advance.
2 REPLIES 2
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Check the following page in the ArchiCAD Help html file:

Collaboration : Data Exchange : Opening DWG/DXF Files

It tells you about opening DWG/DXF, merging DWG/DXF, also opening DWG/DXF in which case the 3D will also come through.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
i opened a dwg by the method bellow:
1)file\open
2)the a dialog locate txt.SHX appeared
3)i clicked skip all
4)another dialog dxf import appeared asking whether to keep or change the background.i clicked do no change.
the plan opened but how to draw wall, i mean how to start.
in the navigatorr-view map there are no chapters like creating exterior walls,partiom walls as provided in BIM.

also BIM EXP tutorials helps to create 3d from a dwg plan which is provided, but how to start a project from scratch.

hope i"ll get step by step.