Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Drawing Title - Back Referencing for Detail Drawings

Anonymous
Not applicable
My drawing marker - for a Detail drawing - only ever gets one item in the Back Reference list. Is it possible to back reference to multiple layouts?
6 REPLIES 6
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
Gidday Andrew

You should absolutely be able to back reference multiple drawings, however during my testing and template building, I have found the back reference link to be really flakey. For example AFAIK you can only successfully link back to a source marker, as opposed to a linked marker. And if you cut and paste that marker around the project the back reference link can be lost completely.

Could this be the situation with you?

Cheers,
Link.
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
Or it could be simply that you are not updating the drawings (that contain the source markers) before trying to back reference additional drawings?

Cheers,
Link.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes that sounds familiar.
Sections through multiple stories seem to work OK, you can back-reference to multiple drawings. But not details.
As you say, it seems like you can only back-reference to a Source marker, not to a Linked marker.
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
So are you any better off? Or are you trying to back reference linked markers?

Cheers,
Link.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Sorry Link, yes its the linked markers that I'm trying to get. I've edited my previous post as it didn't make sense. It seemed to make sense before lunch though!
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
Clearer now!

Upon closer inspection, the reference guide specicifally says:

Back Reference: Click this button to access the Back Reference dialog box. If the current drawing is based on a source marker, then this dialog box will list any Layout whose Drawing displays the source marker of the current drawing.

So it looks like we're SOL. I guess there's some ugly workarounds, like placing minute drawings on layouts for referencing, but you'd have to be pretty keen!

Cheers,
Link.