Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Strange sections in windows vista..

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am using windows vista at my colleagues place.
We tried to create both wall projections and sections of kitchens by using latest versions of ArchiCAD 12 and its objects, but we couldn't create the views so that the objects can be seen correctly without the hidden lines inside.. The problem is not in view settings or neither section settings, because when I opened the same file (.pla with same objects) in my own macintosh everything was ok.

Does anybody have same kind of experiences?
How did you solve the problem?

When trying to use BIM I wouldn't want to cut the model lines to lines and hatches, so please give me only advice I really want to use
7 REPLIES 7
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
I have no idea why it happens. And only on one machine.
Strange phenomenon, you should report it to your local reseller.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks anyway, I will.
Thomas Holm
Booster
Are you sure you haven't (by accident) applied a transparent material to everything? Or have set the layer (where you placed all the cupboards) to transparent in the Layer settings?
AC4.1-AC26SWE; MacOS13.5.1; MP5,1+MBP16,1
Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes I am 100% sure. I have used ArchiCAD over 10 years and didn't do that kind of mistake this time either.

Really, I checked the settings of objects, views and sections and thought first that there was something wrong with the library parts, downloaded the latest hotfixes etc.(which didn't help). ..and when I opened the same (.pla) file (and view) at home, it was just fine! (..and yes, I know, the fridge is inside the cupboard but it's not the problem just now..)

That made me wonder if there was something in Vista I couldn't understand, but because I don't know anybody else using vista with ArchiCAD12, I can't verify if there is a real problem or just our problem. That's why I asked if there is also someone else having this kind of experience and also solution how to solve it.
Thomas Holm
Booster
Perhaps you could experiment with the Elevation view settings to work around this. Of course it might be a Vista or graphics driver issue, but I haven't heard about it.
AFAIK it's the Internal 3D engine that draws this kind of elevations. You can choose to fill items with Own color, Uniform color, or Nothing.
Try Uniform color. and see what happens.
And I agree with Lazlo, you should report it.
AC4.1-AC26SWE; MacOS13.5.1; MP5,1+MBP16,1
Anonymous
Not applicable
Well , I don't think that it is the case here , but I've seen this if layers are set to wireframe .
Anonymous
Not applicable
..Well then you perhaps have seen also, that by saving a view to the ArchiCAD-file it should be exactly same next time you open it..

Please guys: I haven't used wireframe-settings in layers or neither invisible materials.

What you Thomas said about the graphic driver - the local reseller thought it's most probably the problem.

I'll tell you if we'll find out what is it.