Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Roof curvature

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi there guys.

Just wanted to know if someone can give me a way to either use the roof tool or mesh tool and get it to curve up and down, just like the attached file.

I'm just learning with the new ways do to things in ArchiCAD, and I will appreciate any help.

Thanks alot

Picture 1.jpg
4 REPLIES 4
Karl Ottenstein
You need to post your version to get the best answer.

Assuming you are not on Start edition (which does not have profiles), a complex profile is the easiest way to get a roof like that, perhaps using the beam tool.

If you are on 12, the Curtain Wall can create such a roof ...if you want that kind of structure, whether glass panels or not. 😉 Otherwise, I'd use a profile.

Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
Oh sorry. Yes I'am using a ArchiCAD 12. I just need to get my head around like a step-by-step on how to do it.

Thank you.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi there,

Just wanted to know if anyone could still possibly help me with the roofing?

I used a roof tool with a curve, though its not only difficult in 3D but i cant do it on 2D.

Another question I have is whether i can have tables or other objects curved, and not a perfect semi-circle, I mean like in the form of a spline.

Thanks
Dwight
Newcomer
••••• roof tool with arc:

"Create a Barrel-Vaulted Roof" page 243 USA reference guide

requires practice.......

•••• spline slabs for tabletop

"Magic Wand" page 143 USA Reference Guide.

You magic wand inside a spline shape with the slab tool active in order to create a tabletop.

Attend to the tolerance defined in Options> Magic Wand settings to control fitting precision.
Dwight Atkinson