Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Escalator in 2D

Anonymous
Not applicable
We are trying to place an escalator in a two level building so that it shows correctly on both levels in plan views. This would be as follows:

LOWER LEVEL - The bottom of the escalator shows up to a cut line. Beyond that the outline of the escalator is dashed.

UPER LEVEL - The entire escalator shows all the way down to the floor below.

We have tried the escalator that comes standard with ArchiCAD 12 as well as two other escalators from Objects Online. By fiddling with the settings, we can get either of the above scenarios to work for one of the levels, but not both. For instance, if the Lower Level has the dashed lines beyond the cut line, then so does the Upper Level, but at the opposite end.

If we get the Upper Level to show the entire escalator all the way down, then the Lower Level has it all the way up, with no cut line.

We have also tried adjusting the Floor Plan Cut Plan to no avail.

All suggestions welcome, including alternative objects we can acquire.
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable
Work around:
Use the escalator provided with archicad. (or any other)
Use the library part "break line" (I believe is in the deposit) I dont remember where I Got it from.
This part will hide the upper part of any stair, ramp with an editable empty fill. (You can elongate it)-You must bring it forward and above objects you want to hide.
Erika Epstein
Booster
Escalators need display options akin to stairs.
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
owen
Newcomer
I can remember using an escalator bought from OO which i think should do this. It was actually quite flexible and could be shown on a number of stories correctly - and instance i used was an escalator passing through 3 levels. I will have to try and dig it up (was a while back)
cheers,

Owen Sharp

Design Technology Manager
fjmt | francis-jones morehen thorp

iMac 27" i7 2.93Ghz | 32GB RAM | OS 10.10 | Since AC5