Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Bringing back Storefront doors and windows

Anonymous
Not applicable
Although the curtain wall is a fantastic tool there are some major flaws that need to be addressed before taking away the storefront doors and windows provided in 11 but no longer available in 12. I understand that the curtain wall was to replace their function but here are the issues:

1. Unable to edit in plan. This makes it impossible to use trace reference to edit in 2D.
When working in the 3D edit mode I can not determine where to snap to the mullion to match my referenced 2D image.

2. Curtain doors and windows are not scheduled the same as wall door and windows, making interactive schedules difficult to use when using both types.

3. Curtain wall door and window labeling? I see where to edit the custom ID but unsure how to customize IDs in plan views.
2 REPLIES 2
Ralph Wessel
Mentor
Designr wrote:
Although the curtain wall is a fantastic tool there are some major flaws that need to be addressed before taking away the storefront doors and windows provided in 11 but no longer available in 12.
[..]2. Curtain doors and windows are not scheduled the same as wall door and windows, making interactive schedules difficult to use when using both types.
Ask your reseller to get the Modular Joinery object for you - it might be what you're looking for.
Ralph Wessel BArch
Erika Epstein
Booster
Designr wrote:
Although the curtain wall is a fantastic tool there are some major flaws that need to be addressed before taking away the storefront doors and windows provided in 11 but no longer available in 12.
This is one of the reasons you have the AC11 migration library included as part of the AC12 installation.
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"