BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

Maxwell Render - and materials

Anonymous
Not applicable
heya, im going to try and render my archicad model in maxwell render v1.7.
i have a few questions as i am new to the programme.

1. does anyone know of any tutorials that describes render settings from archicad

2. when i simply just render from archicad the materials look fairly smooth and not as realistic as id hope. do i have to import the maxwell materials? (if so how?) or is it mainly due to rendering settings (in which case id need a tutoral)

3. some of the renders i have seen have really good images of objects such as trees and cars. are these objects in maxwell or are they imported into archicad first (if so where can i get these amazing models from)

thanks for all your help. sorry if i sound like a newbie, theres just not alot of help out there if your going from archicad to maxwell
5 REPLIES 5
TMA_80
Enthusiast
hi !

1&2 - http://think.maxwellrender.com/search.php?dificulty=-1&author=-1&category=-1&software=16&keywords=Ke...

3- AFAIK,there are no objects that come with maxwell, you have to import them first either in archicad or maxwell studio ...

hope it helps
AC12_20 |Win10_64bit|
Anonymous
Not applicable
TMA_80 wrote:
hi !

1&2 - http://think.maxwellrender.com/search.php?dificulty=-1&author=-1&category=-1&software=16&keywords=Ke...

3- AFAIK,ther are no objects that came with maxwell, you have to import them first either in archicad or maxwell studio ...

hope it helps

thank you that realy helps.
can i import the archicad model into maxwell studio then?
where can i get the objects from?
TMA_80
Enthusiast
yes...in the render option you could can chose "studio" instead of render...
generally they are :

1- archicad objects.
2- commercial products... ( cars trees, furniture )
3- for trees it could be ( onyx, xfrog...) or any tree generator exported as 3ds (genrally) and imported to Archicad or studio / or just a bitmap applied to a plane...
4- any free object in the web in a format that can be imported to ac or maxwell.
AC12_20 |Win10_64bit|
Anonymous
Not applicable
TMA_80 wrote:
yes...in the render option you could can chose "studio" instead of render...
generally they are :

1- archicad objects.
2- commercial products... ( cars trees, furniture )
3- for trees it could be ( onyx, xfrog...) or any tree generator exported as 3ds (genrally) and imported to Archicad or studio / or just a bitmap applied to a plane...
4- any free object in the web in a format that can be imported to ac or maxwell.
hmmm i can only seem to find maxwell render engine in the photo rendering settings. do i need a separate plugin?
TMA_80
Enthusiast
You can either:

1- check the export mxs only as shown in the picture and then render...it will export an mxs file that you could open in mxwell studio.

OR the simplest one:

2- choose "studio" as shown... and then render

BUT you can import objects inside archicad and render from there....
AC12_20 |Win10_64bit|
Learn and get certified!