Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Wall thickness in Door and window schedule

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi, does anybody know if there is a way to add the wall thickness in door and window schedule?

Thanks
21 REPLIES 21
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
giuseppe wrote:
Hi, does anybody know if there is a way to add the wall thickness in door and window schedule?

Thanks
I think it is not possible to do with Interactive Schedules.
In the old Calculate menu lists it was possible to do and should still work.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
Please, can you be more specific? And what are the steps I need to follow to achieve the result?
Thanks
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
1. In Navigator, go to Project Map, then find the "lists" group, right-click on it and select "Set Up List Schemes"
2. On the right side, you will see the list of available list schemes. Go to Default Set\Element List Schemes and click the red lock icon to the left of "Window schedule Type 1" to unlock it. This will enable you to modify this scheme.
3. Now on the left side activate the "Properties & parameters" Tab Page (the middle one of the three).
4.In the lower right quadrant of this tab page you will see the "Extra Parameters of the Selected Types" list. Here find the "Thickness of the Wall" item and check the checkbox in front of it. This will mark this parameter to be listed.
5. Click OK to accept changes.
6. In the Project Map, double-click the Lists\Elements\Window schedule Type 1 list to generate the list.

The following ArchiCADWiki article tells you about all these various listing parameters:

http://www.archicadwiki.com/ListingParameters

This is the part about the parameter mentioned above:

http://www.archicadwiki.com/ListingParameters#Thickness_of_the_wall
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks ,Laszlo,
I follow you instruction to create the schedule but the thickness of the wall it doesn't appear on schedule but on the list.
I need to show up on the schedule. Do you have other suggestions?
Thanks
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
giuseppe wrote:
Thanks ,Laszlo,
I follow you instruction to create the schedule but the thickness of the wall it doesn't appear on schedule but on the list.
I need to show up on the schedule. Do you have other suggestions?
Thanks
OK, Giuseppe, you are lucky, I found a way for you to show them in the Schedule. Here is how:

1. Go to the Scheme Settings Dialog.
2. Select the Door/Window Schedule you want this to appear on.
3. In the Filed/Window List panel click the "Additional Parameters" button. This take you to another Dialog where you can select any parameter of any library part to be listed in the Schedule.
4. In the Select Object by filed at the top, select "Folder View (Used Objects Only)".
5. In the hierarchy find your Window, for example: "W1 Casement 12.gsm" and select it. All of its parameters will appear in the lower left filed under "Available parameters".
6. In the list of parameters, find the one with the name "Left Connected Wall Thickness". Select it and click the Add button at the bottom to add it to parameters to be listed. Then click OK.

This "Left Connected Wall Thickness" parameter will list the thickness of the Wall the Window is placed into. The reason it is called "Left Connected Wall Thickness" is because this Window can be a corner window and in a corner there is a left and right wall. But if a Window is placed into a normal position in a Wall both left and right will return the thickness of the enclosing Wall.

7. Click OK in the Scheme Settings Dialog to accept changes.
8. Generate you Schedule.
9. In the generated schedule click into the cell that says "Left Connected Wall Thickness" and modify the text to you liking, such as "Wall Thickness".
Thomas Holm
Booster
Lazlo,

a simply brilliantly creative workaround!
AC4.1-AC26SWE; MacOS13.5.1; MP5,1+MBP16,1
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Thanks.
It luckily works because most (if not all) default ArchiCAD Doors/Windows have that parameter.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you,
Laszlo I'll give a try and I let you know.
Thanks again
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks a lot Laszlo,
I tried and it works.
But when I tried it for the doors, I can't find a similar parameter which gives me the thickness of the wall.
It would be great if you could find it.
Thanks.