Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Curious about Bluebeam PDF product

Anonymous
Not applicable
It doesn't say it works with ArchiCAD. Does anyone know anything about this product?
4 REPLIES 4
Laura Yanoviak
Advocate
We use it. I'm not sure what you mean by "works with ArchiCAD" -- you can "Print to" Bluebeam PDF ("Saving to" PDF uses ArchiCAD's built-in converter).
MacBook Pro Apple M2 Max, 96 GB of RAM
AC26 US (5002) on Mac OS Ventura 13.5
Anonymous
Not applicable
They mention AutoCAD and Solidworks all over the place (and ArchiCAD isn't mentioned in their FAQs)... I honestly just riff'd through their website for about three minutes this morning. So, just generally, two questions:

1) Is it a good user interface for clients?
2) Would the workflow from ArchiCAD on MacOSX be impossible (or a pain)?
Gerald Hoffman
Booster
They mention AutoCAD and Solidworks because if you buy that version it will install print icons into those programs. We don't need this as we are able to print out pdfs as Laura said.

I just bought the standard version of Bluebeam after trying the free 30 trial. IMHO it is better for markups than Acrobat. It has a lot more markup tools and they have more customizable options. Unless you need Acrobat 3D I think this is all you need for pdf markups. Anyway you can try it for 30 days for free. Just get the standard version unless you want AutoCAD integration.

I found a web site that you can purchase it for $30 off the Bluebeam site price if you are interested.

http://www.novedge.com/p/1407?ITS=CMPt

Cheers
Gerald
"The simplification of anything is always sensational" GKC
AC 25-4013 USA, CadImage Tools
2019 MacBook Pro 16" w/ AMD Radeon Pro 5600M GPU
OS X 11.6
2.4 Ghz 8 core i9, 64 GB RAM
27" LG 5K Monitor
Rakela Raul
Participant
dont you like the MacPro 'preview' PDF editing tool ?? very decent IMHO