Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Shorcut for User Origin

Anonymous
Not applicable
Is it possible to set up a keyboard shortcut for the user origin. I want to ultimately add the shortcut to my mouse button?

Dave
15 REPLIES 15
Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm not quite sure what you want - there is a system shortcut for it - go to an endpoit, special snap point, etc., press Alt+Shift and click.
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
press Alt+Shift and click.
You don't actually need to click - you simply need to hover over the desired node. I dont think we can assign this to a mouse/keyboard command.

Cheers,
Link.
Djordje
Ace
Link wrote:
press Alt+Shift and click.
You don't actually need to click - you simply need to hover over the desired node. I dont think we can assign this to a mouse/keyboard command.
Why assign a shortcut? Click on the origin icon in the coordinate box, then click where you want it, 2D or 3D.

Viola.
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
Why assign a shortcut? Click on the origin icon in the coordinate box, then click where you want it, 2D or 3D.
I double click this to get the origin to reset, but think it's much quicker to use Shift+Alt to position it.

Different horses......

Cheers,
Link.
Djordje
Ace
Link wrote:
I double click this to get the origin to reset, but think it's much quicker to use Shift+Alt to position it.
It is, except when you have more than one language keyboard layout installed; and that is the default shortcut
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Geoff Briggs
Mentor
I mapped the user origin to one of the buttons on my track ball. Hover, click, super fast. I use it constantly and love it.
Regards,
Geoff Briggs
I & I Design, Seattle, USA
AC7-27, M1 Mac, OS 14.x
Anonymous
Not applicable
I mapped the user origin to one of the buttons on my track ball. Hover, click, super fast. I use it constantly and love it.
That's what i'm after - however the Microsoft Itellimouse software does not appear to let me add a keystroke for alt+shift
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
I can imagine a case where a keyboard shortcut would be nice for setting the User Origin: when the point I want to set the User Origin is not a special point of an element already drawn on the Floor Plan. In this case I must click the User Origin button in the Coordinate Box, then specify the location of the User Origin by clicking somewhere. In this case I cannot use ALT-SHIFT. Pressing one key on the keyboard could be useful for that.
Laszlo
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Petros Ioannou
Contributor
There is a difference in clicking the origin button and using alt+shift.
You can use alt+shift in the middle of a command (start a line and before completing it move the user origin). You cannot do this with the button.

Petros
ArchiCAD 22 4023 UKI FULL,
Archicad 21 6013 UKI FULL, ArchiCAD 20 8005 UKI FULL
iMac Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2017
4.2 GHz Intel Core i7
32 GB 2400 MHz DDR4
Radeon Pro 580 8192 MB