Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

rotating drawing titles

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am placing a pdf which needs to be rotated to an odd angle on my layout book, the drawing title is also placed at this odd angle. How do I rotate the drawing but keep the drawing title horizontal?
5 REPLIES 5
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
Michael:

Depends on the ArchiCAD version and specific title you are using, some titles have a parameter for rotation angle.

You should add a Signature to your Profile (click the Profile button near the top of this page) with your ArchiCAD version and operating system (see mine for an example) for more accurate help in this forum.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Anonymous
Not applicable
thanks David,
I've updated my profile now,
basically we are running Archicad V12 (Australian) on Windows XP and using archicads standard titles
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
Michael:

In the US version, for example, there is a title "NCS Drawing Title 12", under Title parameters is a parameter "Rotation", with "Rotate with Position" by default set to "On", when set to "Off" an additional parameter appears "Custom" which allows a separate angle for the title, so if the drawing is set to 30˚, and the Title is set to 30˚, the title will be parallel with the bottom of the layout. So it depends on the title you are using, and whether it has this sort of parameter options. You may need to look further into the Title parameters, or at least post the name of the Title you are using, and that Title might only be available in the AUS library, so I could not see what you are seeing.

HTH

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi David,

the title we are using is "titleMarkerAus12" - unfortuantely it does not seem to off any option for rotation, I was hoping there may have been some external fix.

At the moment I have a clumsy solution that gets me out of trouble - I copy and place that same drawing again in the desired rotation (horizontal) and reduce the size of that drawing to only a couple of mm (sorry fractions of an inch) and then shift it (the drawing) to behind another view.

Hopefully GS Australia will come up with a fix

cheers

Michael
Arcadia
Booster
Create your own standard titles on a detail sheet, fill them with auto-text as required and place it on the layout like any other drawing. You can rotate, resize or do what you like with it. I have my titles placed on all my various layouts ready to go in my template with auto text for project details, revisons, page numbers, jpg logo embedded etc. All I have to do is enter info as required in the info window.
V12-V27, PC: Ryzen 9 3950X, 64g RAM, RTX5000, Win 11