Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Database queries for pln files on Mac

Anonymous
Not applicable
I can't seem to write the correct Google search to find this one out so can anyone help me.

I know there is an ODBC add-on for windows but there hasn't ever been one for the MAC environment. Is there any way to do the same database query stuff on a MAC if you don't have this add-on?

Cheers
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable
afaik, not easily. you'd have to create your own archicad add-on.

please vote for this feature:
http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?p=148821#148821
Karl Ottenstein
I doubt that this will be a priority for GS any time soon, as the audience interested in this feature is extremely small. Run Windows on your Mac (Parallels, Fusion, etc) to let you get the results you need without getting frustrated waiting.

(Last I looked at FileMaker, it did not provide the ease of connection that MS Access on Windows provides anyway.)

On the Mac side, the higher priority add-ons as far as total number of users screaming for them include the Google Earth Connectivity and SketchUp add-ons as well as the new Virtual Building Explorer. I wouldn't expect ODBC until these others arrive....

Not that I wouldn't like to see everything available for both platforms...

Cheers,
Karl

PS If you just need to do simple queries, even joins/etc - and not generate complex pretty reports from the results, just use the SQL window inside ArchiCAD. You have to add it to your Work Environment - part of the Calculate functionality. The results appear in your web browser and can copied from there for other manipulation. Not as nice as a live linked ODBC report, but depends on what you need.
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for the response guys.

The windows direction was what I thought I would need and this just saves me from wasting my time on the Mac stuff.

I'd still like to see this sorted for the MAC as we have had issues with Windows file access to our apple server in the past and this process will have to be run independantly from the server.

Cross plateform is still a pain for integrated file management.

Cheers.