Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Is it possible to delete hotspots?

Anonymous
Not applicable
I've made a library part by putting different elements together. The problem is that an awful lot of hotspots have been created. I do not know what to do to get rid of them. Can anyone help, please ?
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable
depends how you've made it. If you've built it out of the basic elements objects etc in the library, you would need to edit those objects. As the object you have built will be calling them. If that makes sense?
Rod Jurich
Contributor
Anne wrote:
/.....I do not know what to do to get rid of them.
Can anyone help, please ?
Anne, you will need to open your library part and select the HOTSPOT2
lines you want to NOT show.
This is done by placing an ! in front of all the lines
you do not want to appear.
See attached.
You can check the result before saving your part by clicking the
2D Full View button, bottom left of pic.

As sdb says, if you have made your object and it has called parts then
the editing of HOTSPOT2 contained within those parts will make them
more likely difficult to use on their own.

How did you make your part?
Rod Jurich
AC4.55 - AC14 INT (4204) |  | OBJECTiVE |
Anonymous
Not applicable
I made it by putting together an ArchiForma object and a wall with a complex profile, and hiding som parts with solid element operations, and adding some colums for legs. And , voila, I had something that resembled the Oasis chair from Erik Jørgensen. Now I will try to open the object and commenting out the HOTSPOT2 lines. The Archiforma object is called as a macro. So I have to find the project where I created this chair.
Thanks for our help!
Barry Kelly
Anne wrote:
The Archiforma object is called as a macro. So I have to find the project where I created this chair.
No need to find the project where the chair was created.
The called macro must already be in a loaded library otherwise it wouldn't created the object properly.

In the script where you see the CALL statement for the Archiforma object just highlight the object name (but not the surrounding quotes).
Then just choose to open this library part (CTRL+SHIFT+O is the usual keyboard shortcut).
This will open it without you having to search for it.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you for your piece of advice. I'll try it as soon as possible.