Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Unexpected Shutdown of Archicad

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello,
I'm using the student version of Archicad 12. It shuts himself suddenly down, whenever i'm working. A bug reporter window pops up and then it also disappears. As far as i could examine, the shutdown doesn't have anything to do, with any particular function of archicad. (it's not related to opening 3-d models etc.)
I can't work on anything, therefore i would like to ask you, if a similar problem has been discussed before?
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable
There are some news.
After the last time it crashed, i could send an error report via bug reporter.
After that, in the directory of my project.pln file appeared a project.pln.lck file. When i tried to run my original project file, archicad.exe didn't start and i got an error message:
ArciCAD.exe - Entry Point Not Found
The procedure entry point ?FontNameContainsScriptName@Textengine@TE@@QAE_NABVUniString@GS@PAV34@1PAW4GSCharcode@@@Z could not be located in the dynamic library TextEngine.dll

So at this point archicad doesn't start at all anymore. So i will try to uninstall and install it again.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Yasemin!

Check your graphics card is compatible with the list (bottom item on forum main page). Incompatibility can cause ArchiCAD to shutdown.

Please include details of your hardware and software versions in your signature to help with diagnosis.