BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Problem with Attribute Manager layer set import

matjashka
Enthusiast
Hi All

I didn't know which forum to put it, but this is kind of an "IT manager" problem, maybe this forum is OK.

Since the last patch update 2675 (I'm stating this only because I've never had a problem with this before) I am unable to correctly import layer sets from another project. In the Attribute Manager everything looks fine, but after I open the layer dialog box and click a layer set, the layer attributes in layer sets are totally wrong.

I tried that a number of times with different files, and every time I get the same result: wrong layer parameters in layer sets.
The original file has them correctly - no mistake here, it's been quadruple-checked.

I just created a completely new template, from scratch in AC12 - everything could be successfully merged except for the layer sets. I'm very reluctant to do this manually, but I have lost a lot of time already.

Do you experience the same problem?

I'm asking before I report a bug. THANKS!
Matt Krol [LinkedIn]
BHMS Architects and Planners, Chicago
AC 10 ... 26 USA
1 REPLY 1
matjashka
Enthusiast
OK, I don't know what I did right this time, but after some 30 attempts that failed, THIS procedure worked:

1. Imported just one layer set
2. Opened up layers and manually saved the current Custom set as new set without clicking on the set imported above
3. Went back to Attribute Manager and imported another *single* layer set using Overwrite
4. Opened layers, and figured out that the second set is actually correct
5. Went back to Attribute Manager and successfully imported all other layer sets using Overwrite.

Here's a quote from email I got from our representative (thanks as always, Greg!), that explains why I kept failing with "Append":
If the file you brought across had layers which were not is exact numerical order for the in index values (for example, it had 1=Walls, 2=Floors, 3 was unused because it had been deleted, 4=Roofs) after "appending" the layers across you would not have the same index values (in the example you would end up with 1=Walls, 2=Floors and 3=Roofs). But a layer combination that originally showed the Walls and the Roofs but not the Floors (show layers with index values 1 and 4 only) would still try to show those index values (but since Roofs isn't 4 any more it would be incorrect).
Hope that maybe helps somebody.
Matt Krol [LinkedIn]
BHMS Architects and Planners, Chicago
AC 10 ... 26 USA
Learn and get certified!