Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

PMK problem.....

fhedberg
Contributor
Hi Everyone,

We have recently started to use PMK file to manage a large project. Allowing us to update / manage for instance masterplans etc. easily. Up until now it has been working excellent, the updating time is far better than using the usual hotlink from a pln file......but, all the sudden the published pmk files becomes blank in the layout...??

I know there have been issues with the origin point and you might have to "fit frame to drawing" and relocate the placed drawing on the layout. This is different. The placed drawing becomes completely blank....even after doing the above mentioned procedure there is still nothing. Even if I try and place a new pmk on the layout sheet it comes up blank meaning that we can no longer update or use any of the pmk files that we have placed. I certainly do NOT want to go back to using hotlinked pln files but afraid it will come to this in the end.

Has anyone else had similar problem...???

Before we get any smartarse comments....Yes, I have tried re-publishing the pmk's and I have opened them to see that they are in fact still there. It does not seem to be a problem with publishing the pmk's at all rather the AC 12 reading and displaying the placed pmk file.....?

Any help most appreciated...

Fred
W11 Home | ArchiCAD 27 3001 AUS FULL
4 REPLIES 4
Erika Epstein
Booster
If you can print but can't see them in the layout book could the setting for the display of the pmks been changed to 'No Preview'?
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
fhedberg
Contributor
Thanks for your reply Erika and sorry for not getting back sooner.

I wish the problem was that easy. I have however made some progress in the hunt for a solution to the problem. It seems as when we update (more like over writing) the pmk file that is when the problem starts.

If I publish the pmk under a new name and location and then place the file on the layout from scratch it seems to work. At least this gives me the ability to get the drawings in to the layout, however the problem persists if I try to update this file yet again.

I belive this is a work-around for a problem that shouldn't exist.

Has anyone else had a similar problem with other file types..(images, pdf doc etc) ??

/Fred
W11 Home | ArchiCAD 27 3001 AUS FULL
Erika Epstein
Booster
Duane-king-of-pmks, has reported this problem here
there doesn't seem to be a resolution to this that he has posted. Why not ask?
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
adamrendek
Newcomer
Fred,

Have you had any resolution to this problem yet? We are experiencing the same issue...

Thanks,

Adam