Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

stair section

Anonymous
Not applicable
why archicad don't split material in the section of stair see the pic and comparee between elevation an section
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable
look how revit 2009 do it
Untitled-1.jpg
Anonymous
Not applicable
this is a very painful question.... i have no idea why.
this question was ask many many many many times here on this forum without any real solution, i choose the hard way and i overlap some fills... this is it.
Karl Ottenstein
Stairs in ArchiCAD have always been a very weak element. Two third parties sell add-ons that create very flexible, powerful stairs and railings. Cadimage has Stair Builder, and Cigraph has ArchiStair 2.

The attached screenshot shows where you can control the fills in ArchiStair 2 and the result.

Cheers,
Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
thank karl I always see you in my question thank you but I hope if archicad do that alone because we but the material for every part in stair
and we see that in elevation may be I will put in my wish

thank you again ...... nour
just model your stairs.
None of those stair tools are any good.

ArchiCAD 25 7000 USA - Windows 10 Pro 64x - Dell 7720 64 GB 2400MHz ECC - Xeon E3 1535M v6 4.20GHz - (2) 1TB M.2 PCIe Class 50 SSD's - 17.3" UHD IPS (3840x2160) - Nvidia Quadro P5000 16GB GDDR5 - Maxwell Studio/Render 5.2.1.49- Multilight 2 - Adobe Acrobat Pro - ArchiCAD 6 -25

Anonymous
Not applicable
With a little effort and can I use Objective make railing and stairs with the best composition
STAIR.jpg