Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Manager!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

curtain wall elevation appearance

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi, how do I control the appearance of the transoms and mullions in a curtain wall so that the vertical and horizontal junctions are clean (like you get on a normal window), not as the attached where they are broken. Thanks.

curtain wall.jpg
6 REPLIES 6
Barry Kelly
The frames have a priority number (the same as walls and beams).
Try setting them to the same number and see what happens.
Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks Barry, Ive tried the priority but it doesnt seem to make much difference. i have even tried setting them to all mullion or transom frames and that doesnt work. My mullion and transom frames are the same size, would that effect it?
Barry Kelly
Seems that no matter what you do only two of the frames will trim to each other.
I even tried setting the transomes to be a frame class of mullion the same as the mullions but no luck.
I'm out of ideas - sorry.

Barry.
Versions 6.5 to 27
gkovacsp
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
Barry wrote:
Seems that no matter what you do only two of the frames will trim to each other.
Probably I can save you a few hours of headache by telling, that only 2 Frames can intersect with each other. It is not possible to make a seamless (lineless) connection between 3-4 frames.
Barry Kelly
This is probably more like a real construction situation - one frame would have to give way to another.
I guess we will have to be a little carefull in some situations to make sure the correct elements trim.

A little fristrating though seeing as how all other elements in Archicad with the same material and in the same plane will join seamlessly.
Even GDL objects that never used to now trim together as well (i.e. 2 doors next to each other in the same object with no gap).

Barry.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Erika Epstein
Booster
Barry wrote:
Even GDL objects that never used to now trim together as well (i.e. 2 doors next to each other in the same object with no gap).Barry.
That's a known bug which should have been fixed ages ago IMO
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"