BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Can I use only my own door parameters?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Is there a way to save an object as a door and then remove the Archicad parameters (gs_door_panel...etc.)?
5 REPLIES 5
Barry Kelly
They are controlled by the object subtype.
You can change the subtype to something else.
Or just activate the cross next to the parameter in the objects parameter list to hide that parameter from the user's view.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for the reply Barry,
I agree that hiding the parameters for the end use is easy enough but having to deal with them as the writer of the script is kind of a pain. I was hoping that there was a way that I could delete them but the delete button is greyed out.

Doug
Barry Kelly
For get what I said about changing the subtype.
That will get rid of the parameters but then the object will not be recognised as a "Window" and can't be placed with the window tool.
Not so important with regualr objects but not advised for tool specific objects (doors, windows, stairs, markers, etc.).

I just move them all down to the bottom of the parameter list and hide them from the user.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Erich
Contributor
At the risk of giving away state secrets...

If you close the archicad project and remove the subtype from the library. Then when you restart ArchiCAD the subtype will display "Missing" all the parameters will still be present and can now be changed or a different subtype can be selected without deleting the existing parameters. Don't forget to restore the subtype to the library when done.

Finally, to give credit where it is very very due, this is and idea presented in Andrew Watson's GDL Handbook. The book is very good and well worth getting for those of us that play with GDL.
Erich

AC 19 6006 & AC 20
Mac OS 10.11.5
15" Retina MacBook Pro 2.6
27" iMac Retina 5K
Anonymous
Not applicable
Erich wrote:
Finally, to give credit where it is very very due, this is and idea presented in Andrew Watson's GDL Handbook. The book is very good and well worth getting for those of us that play with GDL.
Bump :-))
Excellent Book!
Learn and get certified!