BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Can I add a screen door?

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm wondering if there's an option to add a screen door to an exterior door? I've been looking and can't find one, I'm having to draw them in manually using lines & circles, a little annoying...

While I'm on the door topic, what is the difference between a standard exterior door and a standard interior door? They seem to have all the same options, and I can make an interior door look just like an exterior one.

Also while I'm rambling... It's a little annoying that they don't have an exterior french door. I just use an interior "D2 12" door if I need to make a french door. Should they just combine the exterior/interior door folders or what??

2 REPLIES 2
Erika Epstein
Booster
Steven wrote:
I'm wondering if there's an option to add a screen door to an exterior door? I've been looking and can't find one, I'm having to draw them in manually using lines & circles, a little annoying...
On some projects I put a second door in the same space as the main one, no casing or frame, and open out. It works.
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Erich
Contributor
Steve,

I have a door object that I wrote that includes a screen door in 2D and vastly increased levels of control over the standard doors. PM me if you are interested and I will send it to you to try.
Erich

AC 19 6006 & AC 20
Mac OS 10.11.5
15" Retina MacBook Pro 2.6
27" iMac Retina 5K
Learn and get certified!