Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Don't want part of a custom profile to show

Anonymous
Not applicable
If I don't want part of a custom profile, say a frieze or baseboard, to show up in plan and just on elevations is there a way to turn off part of the profile?
3 REPLIES 3
Erika Epstein
Booster
No.

As fun and easy as it is to use custom profiles for so much, it can easily lead you to modeling problems such as what you have just come across. Keep elements separate that will need to show/hide differently from one another when you think through your layers and layer combinations.
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Karl Ottenstein
If you are running 12 (your sig says 11 though) - then you have 'partial structure display' options that are saved with your views. You can then assign parts of your profile (the frieze, etc) to be 'finishes' and have them not be displayed in certain views.

Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
Karl wrote:
If you are running 12 (your sig says 11 though) - then you have 'partial structure display' options that are saved with your views. You can then assign parts of your profile (the frieze, etc) to be 'finishes' and have them not be displayed in certain views.

Karl
Alas, it's my software that needs an update, not my signature. 😉