BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Hotspot generation in saving out a gsm

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have recently saved out some 2D furniture layouts as library parts, I find this method good for when you receive a 2D furniture layout from a contractor and it has 50,000 elements! The problem I am having is it is now generating hundreds of hotspots in the gsm which is making it much slower to display or move the gsm. I made sure there were no hotspots in the selection (other than the one I wanted) before I saved it but they are still there. They seem to be placed quite randomly, like on the end nodes of some lines but not others. I could go into the script and remove all the hotspot lines of code but I can't be arsed.

Does anyone know why this has started to happen? I have the latest build of ArchiCAD 12 on a Mac.
4 REPLIES 4
Barry Kelly
Steve wrote:
Does anyone know why this has started to happen? I have the latest build of ArchiCAD 12 on a Mac.
I think Archicad has always generated hotspots in autoscripted objects.
Steve wrote:
I could go into the script and remove all the hotspot lines of code but I can't be arsed.
I'm afraid you will have to be.
Instead of deleting them do a "Find & Replace" in the script.
Find all HOTSPOT2 and replace with !HOTSPOT2
This will just comment out the line for the hotspots where ever thay are and saves you having to find them yourself.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks Barry, great bit of advice for adding the '!'s, I will do that.

The reason I said, 'started to do this' is the gsms are replacements of ones I did two months ago that had just the five hotspots in! In my understanding, ArchiCAD will only add extra hotspots to a 2D library part where you place hotspots before saving out.
Barry wrote:
Steve wrote:
I think Archicad has always generated hotspots in autoscripted objects.
Steve wrote:
I could go into the script and remove all the hotspot lines of code but I can't be arsed.
I'm afraid you will have to be.
Instead of deleting them do a "Find & Replace" in the script.
Find all HOTSPOT2 and replace with !HOTSPOT2
This will just comment out the line for the hotspots where ever thay are and saves you having to find them yourself.

Barry.
Anonymous
Not applicable
racheliya i think you have the wrong forum.
Anonymous
Not applicable
racheliya wrote:
In Shanghai are is it easy to buy a cheap GSM phone that I can put a SIM card in and talk to people in the US?
I do not know about Shanghai, but all the .GSM phones here are free for sure!
Learn and get certified!