BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Scale issues with publisher.

Anonymous
Not applicable
the estimator pointed out that a set of drawings were not to scale.. so i assumed it had been scanned and or run through the copier a few times and caused it to be out of scale.. so i did some tests and the copier is exact and not altering the scales.. so i print out a new copy direct from AC12 and its to scale.. so i test the PDF out of publisher.. published a set to PDF, then printed the PDF and its out... im talking 10meters is measuring up as 9.6m on plan at 1:100.. which is quite significant..

is this a know/common problem?? can it be fixed?? as everything we do iv VIA the PDF's out of AC12

cheers
Gene
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable
never mind.. fixed it
Anonymous
Not applicable
Think this has been around before, and below is probably how you solved it.

PDFs in AC are published to the paper size you set them at, say A1, which includes margins, as though it was the piece of paper. So if you then go to print the PDF and say fit to paper, it will only print at 96%, as it is printing the A1 PDF inside your printers default margins. You have to tell the printer you do not want any page scaling for it to be to correct scale.

This works fine in PDF readers if you are printing A1 to A1 or A3 to A3, but if you want to print an A1 at exactly 50% to A3 to maintain scale, you can't with some readers. You can't get 50% reduction in Acrobat Reader for some reason, and so we use Foxit.

Ian C
Anonymous
Not applicable
exactly it.. i had to hit the "do not scale" button in my printer settings when printing the PDF to teh printer, happy days

cheers
Learn and get certified!